View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 03:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused New here and seeking knowledge (Spinal Stenosis)

First of all hello and thank you for any advise, input and knowledge you may give. I need help understanding my MRI. I had an MRI done a couple of weeks ago and I do not get to see the PMR people until March 4th (VA is my main Healthcare system). I have been on the internet trying to figure out what my MRI is saying but I still do not really have a true understanding. My MRI reads as follows:

Signal through visualized cord and brainstem is within normal limits

CSF spaces appear adequate through C2-C3

C4-C5 Large central protrusion of ossific disc material is found at the disc level probably representing primarily central disc extrusion. This abuts and causes an anterior concavity of the cord effacing CSF both anterior and posterior to cord. E assesses seem remain patent. Neural foramina as well.

C5-C6 Diffuse mildly rightward eccentric ossific disc material again effaces all CSF anterior and posterior the cord and at this level narrows lateral recesses, right greater than left. Neural foramina seem to remain patent.

C6 -C7 Findings similar segment above with complete effacement of CSF about the cord.

C7-T1 Mild leftward eccentric osteophytic disc material is seen slight narrowing left lateral recess but this is a relatively minimal feature and CSF spaces nearly normalizing at this level.

IMPRESSION:

Degenerative stenosis of CSF spaces most severe from C4-C5 through C6-C7.

Any help will be gladly appreciated.
Real is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote