View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 09:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Help with Labs - PLS Help me help my child

Hi, all!

I’m new, and I am desperate! My 14 yo daughter has been sick since October with a mystery illness. She has been tested for everything under the sun. No one has been of any help, and recently we were told she might have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She has been out of school since October, attending only half days since January. EXTREME fatigue, recurring mystery infections, non-stop headaches, joint pain (hip), loss of appetite, random stomach aches and a general sense of feeling like crap plague her. She was negative for mono, CMV, Lyme, clean head MRI, chest x-ray. Recently, a Doc we saw for CFS determined she is low in iron (CBC had been normal, but specific iron tests are low) and extremely vitamin D deficient.

She had a Celiac Panel and I got the results today – these were ran by a Rheumatologist. I asked her to add this to other testing she was doing because of the recurring stomach aches and why the heck not! The doc said the values aren’t normal, but couldn’t tell me anything else and our appointment with a GI is a long way off. Can anyone tell me if these labs point to Celiac or Gluten sensitivity? My child has been sick for soooooo long! If this is gluten, I’m off to clean the pantry and see what I can do to help her feel better! TIA for whatever you can tell me. I’ve looked online all day and cannot find a clear answer 

ANTIGLIADIAN IGA RANGE: 0-6.0 Her Value: 1.1
ANTIGLIADIAN IGG RANGE: 0-4.8 Her Value: 5.3
ENDOMYSIAL INDIR IGA Negative
TISSUE TRANSGLUT IGA RANGE: 0-10.2 Her Value: 0.3
TOTAL IGA by NEPHELO RANGE: 44-441 Her Value: 164

Anything you can do to help me make sense of these numbers, I’d really appreciate! THANK YOU!
Need_An_Answer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote