View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
From the number you provided, I can only give you a high and low estimation. It looks like the low would be about 10 G's with a high of possibly 30 G's. I doubt you experienced the higher G's.
Mark, do you think the hardness of the colliding object also makes a difference to the Gs apart from speed ? For instance, I hit my head on a cement wall and not table with roughly same speed of 2m/s. What do you think G would be in my case ?

Also one thing I don't understand. Technicality, if the brain bounces back and forth after a concussion , then how do lower forces make it bounce back and forth after a single concussion ? For example let's assume a person has had a concussion with a 40G force which let's assume is enough to bounce a brain back and forth. Now this person has had a few more concussions after that and his brain is super sensitive yo even lower G forces. Does that mean now even with 10G force his brain will bounce back and forth ? This sounds crazy to me. Or is it some chemical balance that is disrupted more easily with each successive concussion and not necessarily bouncing back and forth phenomenon?

Last edited by Galaxy1012; 02-19-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Galaxy1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote