Thread: Hove-a-round
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

LMAO!!!!! SAL! That is sooo true! I love how they only show the thing moving around outdoors or in wide-open homes with extra-wide doorways. It's so stupid, they never show anyone exiting a home, trying to manage their belongings, getting the door closed, navigating ramps or uneven terrain, etc. That thing is a piece of junk.

I feel so badly for people who get sucked into those ads. They aren't selling mobility, they're selling a mortgage. A couple years ago, my elderly neighbor called me out of the blue and she was upset & whispering into the phone. I asked what was wrong and she said she was hiding in her bathroom to call me and asked me to come over and make the Hoverround salesman go away!

She had called about their "free in-home test drive" and had basically set herself up for an ambush. She told him that it wasn't what she wanted and the guy would not leave for over 4 hours. I kicked him out and threatened to call the police and file harrassment charges. The little moron had the audacity to ask me if I was interested in one!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote