View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear that you are going through all of this, I really hope things improve soon

Like you, I am also in college and know how hard it is to remain focused when in so much pain. I only started in September but have already missed quite a lot of time off due to flares, an operation etc.

I'm not sure how things work in the US and if you have any support in place, but here in the UK, students with a disability can get grants etc to help towards their studying. It helped me as I was able to get lift passes so I didn't have to use stairs, programmes to type for me on the computer etc. I am also allowed 20 percent additional time during exams, as and when required.

Are your lecturers supportive? For me, some are great, others not so much. It is difficult trying to get people to understand. I'd try speaking to your lecturers, opening up and telling them your concerns.

Also, pace yourself! Don't try doing everything all at once... and also don't leave things to the last minute (easier said than done I know!)! I find that if I pace my workload out, it is easier to manage then if I try and cram everything all together at once.

I'm glad you have a supportive mom and boyfriend, it sure helps a lot. If you need anyone to talk to that understands things, I am here.

Also, credit to you for not letting this nasty illness ruin your life and still continuing with studying!!!

Alison