Thread: PCS Please Help
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 04:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
No, you can not change how your brain tolerates an impact. The more concussions and impacts your brain has suffered, the less tolerant it becomes.

I just googled "reset autonomic system" and got a wide variety of comments. I did not see any about cardio resetting the system. I would be interested in any links or direction to articles/studies about using cardio to reset it.
I've read some better articles about it, but can not find them at the moment. This one talks about how cardio/aerobic exercise lessons your sympathetic system (fight or flight) which is part of the autonomic system.

As I'm sure you know (seeing as you know much more than alot of people about this stuff) sympathetic system controls pupil dilation (which, when not working properly contributes to brain fog) and blocking out background noise which also contributes to brain fog.

So from my understanding, by reducing the "fight or flight" and increasing the strength of the parasympathetic, the cardio exercise slowly syncs the two together. Again, there are better articles that I've read before that pertain directly to PCS

I cannot post a link because I've only made 3 posts before (NeuroTalk won't allow me) but the name of the article is

"How Does Exercise Increase Sympathetic Nervous System Activity?"

and it is on the LiveStrong website
Mail__man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
j.rose (03-02-2015)