View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 09:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi! My daughter had a traumatic brain injury in volleyball too! I am here if you want to talk! Hers was Oct 2. She is doing better but we went thru everything you mentioned! Plus she has a cranial nerve eye injury. Her eyes aren't seeing correctly yet. She may need eye muscle surgery. We did home
bound. Then tutoring and half days at school.

Now some full days at school. When she can keep up with it all. She does pt twice a week. She sees vision Dr and neuro dr and a psychologist. We had neuro psych testing tues. School is ok with the tutor. She is tired often. I let her rest as needed. She takes sleep meds and vitamins. Her personality is coming back. She can be mean now. But I understand it is frustrating. Her friends kind of left her too.

But it is a lesson she had to learn. She is making new friends now. She was a great pitcher. She hasn't been able to pick up a ball since Oct. I don't know how long this will go on. She may be out this season. We had a lot of private lessons and travel teams leading up to this season. Now she will have to sit out I think!
msnyder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-19-2015)