View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Trying to figure out what symptoms are from my herniated disks vs my neuropathy

I started having shooting shoulder pains over the summer and some autonomic problems. I thought it was due to too much weight lifting and pushups so I took some time off from working out but the pain just stayed and eventually started shooting into my elbows and hands. My traps would spasm everyone in a while and then it would resolve in a day. Then in September I woke up and could not move my neck. My traps, shoulders, and neck muscles were in excruciating rock hard spasm. It is 6 months later and I was supposed to be healed a long time ago from the disk herniations. I'm not. My arms are weak. My shoulders feel dislocated and my elbows feel like I have capital tunnel syndrome. Both hands are shaky and I can't raise my arms overhead.

My MRI shows:
c5-6 central disc herniation resulting in flattening of the ventral aspect of the cord.
c6-7 left paracentral disc herniation resulting in deformity of thecal sac.
I also have straightening of the normal lordosis.

I am trying to figure out more about these results. I don't know what that means and if it can explain what is going on.

1 orthopedist said "no your symptoms shouldn't be so bilateral.
Another said, "I think I can see how this is happening to you"
A spine surgeon said "this is normal degeneration for people who have arthritis and disk disease and it shouldn't be causing these problems and that most people wouldn't even feel this. It is something else"
3 neurologists just don't really have any comment on this and just refer me to spine docs or physiatrists.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote