View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 07:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hey AB,

I am sorry to hear things have gotten worse. UGH! SSDI is difficult in that it seems like if you have one working limb they think that's adequate under the guidelines. I understand wanting to get back to work and keep looking at PRN type things myself, but I am not physically ready yet. However, I have noticed in looking that there are some telecommute ops for Health Coaching, probably part of the new healthcare regs. Also we used to always have a need for PRN chart review, QA, utilization review, etc. Any possibility of doing some part-time admin stuff that would keep you off your foot?

Littlepaw
I guess if it was as simple as being off my foot, I would find something. I still have pain in my knee, all the way down my leg and my foot. A sitting job would be great - if I could sit longer than 2 hours at a time without my leg swelling and pain getting worse. I really could use some type of healthcare job thing I could do at home. The only thing I found, I have to have an old school land line and pays $0.25/minute. Knowing my luck, I will carve out 8 hours and get one 10 minute phone call. Probably more options when I get my RN, but my doctor won't sign the physical form I need to take my final clinical exam to get my degree to be able to take state boards.

I'm just really feeling like I am totally on my own in all aspects here. I can't function enough to unpack my clothes, how can I function well enough to work? It took me 4 days to do 6 loads of laundry and that was sitting down in between each load!

I'm thinking I will call my PCP office on Monday but I know no one is going to order any therapy until I get that MRI...good luck getting medicaid to approve that quickly...
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote