View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mark,

Children need to be taught how to treat the disabled but unfortunetly some parents are too ignorant to teach the kids what is right and wrong.

Recently my Grandson, Devin, who is 12 had a friend that he has had ever since he was in kindergarten with him develop MS. Being put on her meds she has gained weight from them and all of the kids in school had been making fun of her. Devin joined in and laughed at her and Dustin came home and told Susan what Devin did and that it was wrong. Susan sat Devin down and explained to him that it was wrong to make fun of people no matter what was wrong with them. Devin called his friend up and apologized to her. This goes back to what I said that kids don't always know what's right or wrong but they can be taught and should be.

I do believe that people have less respect for each other in these days and ages. You see the parents being worse at times then the children are. I realize there are a lot of good people out there but I still see a lot of wrong being done today.

Try not to let it bother you Mark, it's not anything you did, so you should not let it eat at you. I have scars on my neck where I have had my surgeries and I wear low cut tops. I look at them as a symbol of what I have made it through.

Like Jo I have also worn braces all over me and just told everyone I had arm and hand problems.

I hope you start feeling better soon and don't let this wear you down.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote