View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 08:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I suffered a mTBI around the same age as your daughter, I am now two years older but still suffer from some lingering symptoms. All I can say is try to be there for her, I had no support and it made everything a lot worse. One of the large mistakes that I made as a teen suffering PCS was living in a bubble. I quickly began to suffer from anxiety and severe depression. I would recommend helping her try to find a balance between continuing normal activities, and providing a conductive healing environment for her brain.

Also you really need not worry about her GPA. I am a very high achieving student, and I was forced to take a full year off. I have had to repeat courses and take courses with younger students. I have now been accepted into many prestigious colleges/universities. She will be OK.

Regarding schoolwork I recommend trying to get extra time on tests and assignments, my teachers were very sympathetic and good about this. I had to take an extremely heavy courseload while suffering PCS, make sure she takes lot of breaks in between her work or she will tire out.
FunGames20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (02-22-2015)