View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
Hello Dustin, a mylogram was the test that the Neurosurgeon ran just before he told me that there was nothing that surgery could fix. I had mild numbness under my toes from playing games with my diabetes. Then I had a car accident and had a hard shock to the knee and right hip. Three days after the wreck I could tell something was going on. Your snowblower incident may have caused trauma. Let me clarify, first I was a bad patient for diabetes, then accident, then Mylogram and Conduction study. So I am a believer that trauma can have far ranging effects. (search Double Crush Syndrome). Mylogram is not bad test, they pressurize spine to see if you have leaks, if you leak, candidate for surgery, if watertight, no surgery.If you use the search function here you can learn much but it is early for you and try not to worry about things that have not happened. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.

Hello Ken,

I am gonna remember to ask for the myelogram, so thanks for the good recommendation. I did not have leg numbness before my back injury, nor burning pain. I did have a light and tiny tingle occasionally when trying to sleep and would shift my legs often but that may have been restless legs. I did not have trouble standing before my injury either.

I also agree trauma can have far reaching affects. I'm upset cause I've been diagnosed with a mild bulged disc and mild neuropathy but I am not feeling mild at all.

I am gonna ask for that test at UOM.
dustinc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote