View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 09:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
Hi Dustin,

Sorry you find yourself here.

I'd like to reiterate Ron's suggestion of requesting an Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. I definitely am on the diabetes spectrum despite having perfectly normal Fasting Blood Glucose and A1c results. My problem showed up on the Oral Glucose Tolerance Test as well as home monitoring. If I eat a high carb meal, my blood glucose remains way too high for hours. Still, all my diabetes screening values are normal.

I personally feel anyone who ends up with an idiopathic neuropathy diagnosis should get this test. I know Johns Hopkins is currently doing a clinical study on the effects of even mildly elevated blood sugar and neuropathy. Second one down...

I should add, though, that I have no idea if this is the cause of my neuropathy or not, but it remains a possibility, so I'm taking corrective action with my diet in case it is. Either way, it's good I caught the insulin resistance very early.
Hello janieg,

I had to delete the link in the quote cause it would not let me post with it under 10 posts otherwise.

Yeah, I am going to take Ron's suggestion and get my glucose levels checked. It is a good idea for you to take corrective action early, it cannot hurt anything. I am glad you caught that early.

I do wonder if eating carbs has anything to do with this.

I am going to check out some of the other threads on this site to see if they are of further help. Thanks.
dustinc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote