View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd View Post
hi I live in the uk and back in 1996 I had a car crash I needed a laminectomy at L4/L5 and all was well for around 5 years .then I started to get worse and one morning woke in agony .this is when I had my second spinal operation a re do of the original and S1 was also chopped at .I knew as soon as I came to from the operation that it was a bad one because I was in pain and could not stand up straight .anyway as they weeks and months rolled on I just went downhill and my pain got so bad that NO ONE would take me on so I started looking into ADR and again no one would take me on but then one consultant near me said that I was unsuitable for ADR and offered me ALIF so as I had no choice I went in on the 29th dec 2011 for my multi level ALIF that was over 3 years ago and I have been in pain since .so my consultant has said that he can do nothing for me and said just keep on with the meds .but I am thinking about the nevro and that's what brings me here .I don't know yet if I am a suitable person as I have not yet seen my local pain consultant .I will update as and when I know .thank you for kindness and for letting me join the forum
PINKFLOYD
Floyd,
First of all you will have to check with your pain consultant whether you are a candidate for a spinal cord simulator (SCS). If he/she felt you might be a good candidate; the first thing would be to have a trial which the doctor would arrange. Usually a physiological test is necessary before the actual trial is approved.

There are many here who will post additional information. I, myself, had a trial for the stimulator; but it wasn't successful so I do not have a SCS.

I noticed you had posted on another thread about having to sleep in a recliner because you are in so much pain. I have 24/7 pain as well in spite of around the clock Oxycontin and additional meds. I use Ambien CR which the generic is Zolpidem. Thankfully, because of this medication, I am able to sleep 5-6 hrs. without pain. Not sure whether this is available in the UK; but it really has been a godsend for me.

Wishing a day with less pain.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-27-2015), PamelaJune (02-26-2015)