View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
Thank you for the voc rehab suggestion...probably my only (last) hope.

I'm okay with the long SSDI process...what I'm NOT okay with is having to tell my docs what to document and stand over them making sure they do. I'm also going to be unable to switch docs that easy due to medicaid. This one took me 2 months to get into after waiting 2 months to get approved for medicaid. Pretty done all the way around.

Pain management...right. I would laugh if it didn't hurt so much.
Having a Functional Capacity Evaluation, which your doc can then use to fill out RFC forms with, or a questionnaire prepared by your attorney or non attorney rep, will likely cover much of what you need, so long as you're pursuing aggressive treatment and going to your doc/s at least once a month. It also, just takes time to generate the type of records SS expects.

If it turns out you will need a cane or walker long term, you might just qualify for SSDI with a Listed Impairment--which could mean a faster approval.

There are certainly Medicaid patients receiving pain management care. Another option that docs might be more willing to prescribe than opiates is methadone. There are lots and lots of different options! Most of us are still trying new meds and treatment options even if we've had RSD/CRPS for a decade or decades!
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote