View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 12:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
@ seabass.... Please make sure you are taking the B12 on an EMPTY stomach with no food for about an hour after. When food is present, the B12 may not be absorbed properly in the intestine.

Make sure your magnesium is not OXIDE form. That is also not absorbed, and is eliminated with the stool.

Seems like you are taking too much B-complex. If you overdo the B6, you can get nerve damage. A B-50 once a day is enough for most people.
Thanks for the reply mrsD. I usually take the morning vitamins as soon as I wake up, shower, prepare breakfast then eat so I take em on an empty stomach about 20 min before eating. I've had really good results doing this compared to the headaches and symptoms I was getting even from the shower water hitting my head and the shower fan being on a while back. Thinking back to how bad I felt back in the summer I feel lucky to be at the point I'm at now.

I'll tone down the Vit B complex and read a bit more about all the different B vits. It's amazing all the different functions that they affect or are a part of!?! I'm almost done the 100 complex so next time I'll get the 50 complex and see how it feels.

I feel fortunate that the numbness I was getting on my top left teeth, cheek bones and temple bones have subsided a couple notches on the symptom scale the last few weeks and head pressure is almost not a symptom I'm getting anymore : ) I've also been able to start listening to music again with little to no symptoms. . . it might sound silly but it's been a milestone step for me lol

I won't rant on but I hope anybody just starting to deal with PCS symptoms looks into a vitamin regimen. it's the one thing I've found has really allowed me to get back to somewhat of a normal routine again.

Keep positive and keep the recovery going guys. I'm ten months post concussion and I would say I'm 85% or so thanks mostly to the vit regimen I think.
seabass123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (02-21-2015)