View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 12:42 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Having a Functional Capacity Evaluation, which your doc can then use to fill out RFC forms with, or a questionnaire prepared by your attorney or non attorney rep, will likely cover much of what you need, so long as you're pursuing aggressive treatment and going to your doc/s at least once a month. It also, just takes time to generate the type of records SS expects.

If it turns out you will need a cane or walker long term, you might just qualify for SSDI with a Listed Impairment--which could mean a faster approval.

There are certainly Medicaid patients receiving pain management care. Another option that docs might be more willing to prescribe than opiates is methadone. There are lots and lots of different options! Most of us are still trying new meds and treatment options even if we've had RSD/CRPS for a decade or decades!
I cannot tell you how good it feels to not feel alone!!!!

As for the FCE, I am planning on calling the PCP office on Monday to see about getting actual records from them. I might as well make an appt for an FCE at that time as well. She wanted to see me in 4 weeks, but whatever.

As for a pain management doc...yes that certainly is covered on medicare but I need a referral. My PCP refused a referral last appt. (which I can sort of understand since that was my first visit with her). The impression I'm getting from her is she thinks she can handle this. I'll give her that without looking at my records, only per exam and my verbalized symptoms - she went straight to RSD. The ortho I went to, while he was thorough and is attempting to rule out any new injury, didn't have a clue what RSD is.

I'm thinking I may end up missing my reconsideration deadline if I need to get a whole bunch more stuff. I'm calling my medicaid insurer on Monday to push the MRI approval through. I figure at least I can get that out of the way. Still working on my TN ortho records. I have received my PT records, which I will be including in my recon if I get all the other stuff in.

Debating now if I should have done the lidocaine/steroid injection - I have an incredible dark purple bruise still...a week later it looks like it just happened.

Thank you for your help and direction!! If it weren't for finding this site...let's not talk about that
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote