10 yr Member
Thumbs up Hi Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek555 View Post
I am 37 yard old and have had right lowe leg weakness for several months
and have been having issues with my balance on that leg, it feels very unsteady
and I can't walk very well, I also have pain in my toes both sides and tingling
I have seen a neurologist and had a nerve conduction/ emg done showing
nerve conduction: marked prolongation of distal latency of pernoeal nerve and low normal CMAP amplitudes and low normal conduction velocity. Left perineal nerve slight prolongation of distal latency with normal conduction and amplitudes. Left tibial nerve showed prolonged distal latency and conduction velocity with lower limits of normal and normal amplitudes. Right tibial nerve showed slight prolongation of distal latency with normal amplitudes and low normal conduction velocity. Sensory conduction test was normal. EMG was normal

So the problem I was told is in the motor nerves suggesting motor peripheral neuropathy ?

My question is do individuals with neuropathy have balance issues from the beginning of the diagnosis or is that something that happens once your feet go numb and you can't feel the floor. I'm trying to figure out if my balance problem is coming from the peripheral neuropathy or something else?

Thank you

Jane
I had a car accident and not very bad. I had subsequent loss of leg strength and then came balance issues. Did you have any trauma to the knee or lumbar ? I can still feel everything w/ toes but do have numbness present. I was a diabetic, still am. You might Google Amyotrophy, also use the engine here at NT. I know you are trying to connect the dots, hope this helps, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote