View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 03:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroproblem View Post
Hi, Guillan Barre, usually is an acute autoimme condition, brought on by C.Jejuni, or some viral infection. it usually takes days to weeks to show, weakness, pain and parylysis is one of them. If your husband never had any of these symptoms, he doesnt have gb. gb takes days to weeks to become fullblown, then it takes weeks or months to recover, did your husband have a recent viral infection, or C jejuni infection
Hi, never said I think my husband has GB. He has had Idiopathic PN for 23 or so years. He did have a fever of unknown origin 33 years ago and was put in Isolation for one week in the hospital. The reason I originally posted was not that I think he has GB but since his mom had GB and his sister had been diagnosed with neuropathy I thought that perhaps there was a common virus or pathogen or toxin that they all might have been exposed to.

Oddly, his sister just phoned me in response to my query. She said "All I know is that we have a relative in Chicago who had MS but she is no longer living. That's all the info she could give me.

Oh well, it was a thought.

Thanks anyway

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote