View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2828 View Post
I'm taking supplements now for almost 2 weeks(the whole fraction mentioned on this thread). When can I expect an improvement, or let's say how long need the vitamins to work?

And also, is it better to split them over the day?
Well I'm not exactly sure bud, I'm not an expert or Dr, just a guy that has been suffering from PCS ever since I sustained a concussion 10 months ago and have gotten relatively better. I suffered PCS pretty bad for about 7 months to the point that I could barely work and only part time at that when I was able too. For the past 3 months I have experienced quite a rapid improvement in my symptoms and the only things (variables) that I have really changed to correlate with that time is easing off the naproxen 500 I had been taking for about 6 months, starting a vitamin regimen and starting work full time again. Taking vitamins and the improvement I got maybe have been a coincidence. . . . .but I doubt it. I take most first thing in the morning and then I take vitamin D and a B complex throughout the day. This has worked for me. Other people have had different regimens work for them while taking them at different times so it's something you'll have to experiment with.

From my own experience, this forum and talking to other people with concussions unfortunately either pre-existing conditions that were tolerable/unnoticable prior to the concussion or brought on by the concussion can make recovery an especially difficult process. Finding out if you have an underlying something that might be extending your time for recovery is really THE most difficult part of concussion recovery.

I myself found out I was hypoglycaemic and that this was one of the triggers for the worst of my PCS symptoms. I doubt the concussion brought this on, I probably had it for quite a while and just didn't really have it bother me that much prior to getting concussed. This was one of the personal things that I had to try and 'fix' in order to minimize PCS. For me, luckily, I found out about it and I'm trying to compensate appropriately for it though diet. There's a whole list of conditions that I'm sure can make concussion recovery a prolonged process and every concussion sufferer could have any number of these underlying conditions I'm sure. How they all interplay to make concussion recovery prolonged nobody knows for certain yet.

So to answer your question I don't know when vitamins will start easing your symptoms bud. I wish I could tell ya. I just know that for me they helped tremendously and from this thread I've gathered that a lot of other people have had benefits from them. Sorry I can't be of anymore help to you but I do wish you as quick a recovery as possible. If there's anything else I could try and answer for you I will

Last edited by seabass123; 02-21-2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: * spelling mistakes
seabass123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote