View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 01:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey Yankee232,
Just wanted to say, I feel with you. I am in a similar situation, just had two teeth surgically removed in the past three months, both failed (and luckily my only) root canals. I was always proud of my teeth, and that I hardly ever had cavities. I am fairly young (28) and losing these two teeth is somehow devastating and emotionally taxing on me. I completely understand you! I feel jealous of people who still have all their teeth! But I also come to see the positive things that this experience has brought me: I feel I value my oral (and overall) health much more now, and take much better care of myself than before. I enjoy educating myself and finding out about natural remedies that might help me in my quest to, from now onwards, have the best oral health possible for me. Things I started doing for myself are oil pulling, making my own tooth powder at home, eating well, drinking more water, just to name a few. So, even though I still feel somewhat shocked and in disbelief of what happened to me and the resulting loss of two teeth, I can see the learning lessons this brought to me.
One more thing is, that I have found a holistic dentist that I trust, and who understands me and who can help me reach and maintain good oral health. Oh yeah, and also, I have started drinking lots of fresh pressed veggie and fruit juices, plus taking natural supplements, and this has made a HUGE difference in my overall wellbeing, my mental well being and my tooth and gum health! Maybe this is something you might be interested in as well...?
Anyways, it feels good to know I am not the only young person going through this, and I am sure it is possible for both of us to get to a point where we can feel happy again with our smiles :-)
BTW, one of my gaps is in the front, and I was SO scared of how I would look- but strangely enough, I noticed, people don't seem to really care at all, and now, I myself don't mind the gap as much anymore either. I am getting a temporary bridge in three weeks, though ;-)
All the best to you,
Meera
Meera Dasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (02-22-2015)