View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Typical for me

I can't even tell youhow many times I have done that...lost count. I am overly preoccupied, get intterupted, take things for granted to be where I think they are.

I do think since you have concerns and this potentially could happen again, why not get an inexpensive lock box. Then you could put a daily med or monthly one in it, keep all meds in full view; AND LOCKED.

BUT don't forget where you put the keys. I use to hide them too....and forget. I just found a set I lost over a year ago.
ANother thing is to have a large Maxwell house coffee can, rince well, keep on top shelf in the kitchen....or peanut brittle, etc.
There are even safes made of these items.

I do have a large safe, from K-Mart, $89.00 it is fire safe. I keep all the meds there now. My problem is coming in and sticking them in a clothes backet, or shoe box until I open the safe....scarey when I forget that. It takes a combo and key, I have to discipline myself after too many heart crushing moments like you had.
Glad you were safe from the near miss, maybe a few minutes everyday to unload will help.

I went through a red light the otherday, I just picked up a car, used but newer then the other and just preoccupied with operating it and never saw the light on the side street....
We are all human..
Hugs
di

Pocono area, PA