View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 08:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I ask this question because I am concerned about pushing myself through school and preventing proper healing as a result. I am almost at five months. Would I be able to get the same healing results in May if tried to ride out this semester. There is a lot at stake for my future here.

Most of my original symptoms have returned in the past few days. This all started after returning to school and then trying to go out to dinner that same evening. The restaurant was crowded and extremely noisy. Also I believe stressful phone conversations with my brother and argument with my girlfriend have not been helpful and pushed me over the edge.

Symptoms include: chronic headache at the spot of initial injury, increased anxiety, depression, OCD symptoms, inability to use electronics of any sort, light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, shakiness.

I have accepted my condition fully and am doing everything in my power to recover. This latest setback seems to suggest that I'm pushing it too hard in school. I was fine doing all right up until I hit my head again on 2/9. The past weekend and today I spent lying in bed doing nothing for 23 hours out of the day trying to chase the symptoms away. I live in New England where we have 5 feet of snow on the ground, rooves collapsing - I feel like I'm going to go insane.

Work arounds/ actions by myself to speed up recovery have included using lowest brightness on screens. Taking breaks from anything mentally or cognitively stressful, relaxation techniques, eating extemely healthy, and taking a vitamin/supplement regimen extemely similar to the one suggested on here. I have also cut out all alcohol, caffeine, and smoking. I have tried to limit my medication use to a minimum but this has been a battle because I was already diagnosed and being you treated for anxiety and insomnia.

Thanks to all those for caring.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote