View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 09:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
I have heard that too, and I think there is something to it. My son also has a rare recurring form of shingles which first struck him when he was only ten years old. It affects the nerve that goes from outside corner of his eye to his ear and he gets blisters on top of his ear. It is extremely painful but responds to famvir and Gabapentin. Outbreaks seem related to stress, which he handles poorly.
I hope that you get some answers soon, and that they take your pain seriously and work on finding relief.

I would rather there not be a link between nerve disorders and autism, because that is scary to me but I know there likely is. Glad your son gets relief from famvir and gabapentin, never heard of recurring shingles till now. My grandma had them a long time ago.

I was told by my local neurologist that he doesn't know what else to give me for neuropathy, he referred me to UOM and is just basically telling me to wait for the time being. I see his point but still wish he'd give me another med to try in the mean time. I saw a new family doctor today and got a few blood tests, like getting my thyroid checked.

I appreciate your positive thoughts. I wish the same for you and your sons.

I am sure once I get to UOM since it is a huge center I will find out about a lot more.
dustinc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (02-24-2015)