View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 09:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have always felt there was a problem with my ulnar nerves. I had Lt sided TOS surgery with Dr. Pearl. I started getting excellent relief after pinning and stretching areas under and around my armpit. One day I started messing around with my triceps and found a ton of trigger points that took weeks to get rid of. I would raise my arm out in front of me and feel for sore areas. I squeezed them between my fingers and they would twitch like crazy. Every time I got rid of them, my scapula relaxed and my neck completely relaxed as if I didn't have TOS. This led me to believe that my triceps and ulnar nerve were central to my TOS.
Eventually I got rid of the TPs but they would return every couple of days (but less than before). I noticed that the TPs that came back the most were in the tricep muscle just above the elbow. After feeling around this area, it felt like there was scar tissue near the ulnar nerve ---- from the elbow, half way up the bicep. I knew it wasn't muscle tissue because it didn't flex when I flexed the bicep or tricep. One day I squeezed that stuff and eventually I felt it go "crunch, crunch, crunch". I did the same thing on the other side. Immediately, there were weird feelings all over my forearms and the forearm muscles twitched for 2 days. This resulted in good things and bad things --- my neck felt great, but my forearms felt strange and a little weak sometimes. Also, other TOS sx seemed to flare up a little bit. I have found a way to be gentler with the areas and this has resulted in excellent relief with few sides.

I remember reading a book a long time ago called "It's Not Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" by Suparna Dumany. At the end of the book, they guy reveals that the Terapist (Suparna) found areas near his elbow that she was able to "crunch" and he was mostly cured.

I am working on getting an MRI of the elbows to see if there is scar tissue. If so, I will see Dr. Brown at UCSD to see if he can do Neurolysis of the area (from near the elbow to half way up the bicep).

FYI -- my nerve tests were negative except for Dr. Machanic's in Denver. I think that an ulnar nerve transposition may not be as effective as it could be in our cases if there is scar tissue.

Please keep us posted.
nukenurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote