View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Having found no one yet who will help us with the daily injections of thiamine referenced in another thread (http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=thiamine) we bought some benfotiamine and have been taking it fairly regularly for about a week and a half (1 pill am and 1 pill pm).

Observations (granted, they are subjective)
more mental alertness/clarity/sharpness
more interest in everything
more brain energy, for lack of a better way to explain it
more physical energy as well

This translates into less brain fog, less apathy, better mood. If we miss a dose, we can tell. It is subtle, but there.

The downside is that we aren't sure if it interferes with sinemet I know B6 does, but am not sure about B1. And I know we are absorbing only a fraction of what we are taking orally, so I am continuing to look for someone who can help us with the injectable form of thiamine.

Has anyone else tried this?
I have been taking Benfotiamine for about 3 weeks now. The main thing I noticed was that my voice strength is back. It used to get softer when my dopamine levels were lower. Now it's strong everyday, which my wife has mentioned to me a number of times the last 3 weeks. Tremor is still about the same to slightly diminished, but I've noticed I seem to have more muscle strength when I do pushups, bench press weights, jog etc. I do 4 sets of 10 at a particular weight and have been able to increase that twice now to a higher weight (from 83 to 93 pounds) and am ready to up that again another 5 pounds this Friday I think. Also, my restless leg has diminished about 80% and seems to flare up when I eat sugar or bread. Sugar depletes thiamine so that makes sense to me. So far so good and can't wait to see what happens in the weeks ahead.

Lurking, I hope this helps and hope Benfotiamine continues to help your situation as well!
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Betsy859 (02-25-2015)