View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 04:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanpar321 View Post
I have been taking Benfotiamine for about 3 weeks now. The main thing I noticed was that my voice strength is back. It used to get softer when my dopamine levels were lower. Now it's strong everyday, which my wife has mentioned to me a number of times the last 3 weeks. Tremor is still about the same to slightly diminished, but I've noticed I seem to have more muscle strength when I do pushups, bench press weights, jog etc. I do 4 sets of 10 at a particular weight and have been able to increase that twice now to a higher weight (from 83 to 93 pounds) and am ready to up that again another 5 pounds this Friday I think. Also, my restless leg has diminished about 80% and seems to flare up when I eat sugar or bread. Sugar depletes thiamine so that makes sense to me. So far so good and can't wait to see what happens in the weeks ahead.

Lurking, I hope this helps and hope Benfotiamine continues to help your situation as well!
A 2012 US study, available at http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6904/12/4, and perhaps valid also in the benfotiamine context, confirms the bioavailability of oral thiamine without saturable limit up to 1500 mg.
kukai8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thelma (02-24-2015), zanpar321 (02-24-2015)