View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 09:34 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Alternatives to steriods?

Are there any? I've been having some vision and increase of leg symptoms, I know I should call the neuro, but at the same time would hate to waste the $60 copay to be told there's nothing they can do for me.

The problem: I'm allergic to cortisone and by so cortical steriods. Likewise, I'm allergic to allergy medications. No Benadryl for me, nor any other anti-histamine. So the doctors can even treat an allergic reaction if I have one. Fun! Honestly I'm quite thankful that I have very few food allergies and aside from rum it's all food that I don't like anyways, like shrimp (yuck) and lobster (yelck)

But it does create a major problem when I'm allergic to medications, which thus far is cortisone, cortical steriods, the entire local anesthetic family, and anti-histamine group. If I need stitches, I get to grin and bear it, ditto for dental work less the grinning part.

Are there alternatives to treating exasperations aside from steriods? Or is this just another thing that the body has to get used to, grin and bear it till it passes or I get used to it?
Erika (02-26-2015), SallyC (02-24-2015), tkrik (02-25-2015)