View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 11:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'd like to revive this thread quickly, to share my experience.

I avoid driving cars since my concussion, because of the effect of potholes. That's why I always take the bus to get to my destination. Today I was taking a bus, which drives partly over very rough roads. There was one road that should have been repaired years ago. It's so unsteady that even persons without concussions might feel uncomfortable. I decided to stand(even a bit on tiptoes), instead of taking a seat, to absorb as less as possible of these potholes. The space from the floor of the bus and the sole provides a good cushion of the shakes. In the end, came to the conclusion that taking the bus is not specifically better than driving by car.

However I didn't feel very well after leaving the bus. About two hours later, I was at home and became very exhausted and dizzy, (without actually knowing if it was due to the potholes two hours earlier). It's more likely that people get symptoms directly after it happened I guess?

At the moment it is very difficult for me to get anywhere, as one simply can't avoid driving on roads. But It's quite astonishing that so many people get symptoms from these potholes.
Chris2828 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote