View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 04:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My internal medicine doc did all the basic testing when I first started having problems, but then yielded to the neuro after that. She sees a lot of SFN, but it's all diabetes-related. She's more than willing to order any test I want that seems appropriate, though. For example, I requested a full thyroid work-up when I realized I hadn't had that yet.

I also went to an integrative medicine doc after my neuro exhausted his options. She ran more "out of the box" tests....a nutritional evaluation, hormone test, and food sensitivity test. There was no obvious explanation from all that. I also tried to get relief from her from acupuncture and myofascial release techniques without success.

The only thing I haven't followed up on is my neuro's suggestion to go see another alt medicine doc who is a friend of his and is 75 miles away. My neuro believes an activated virus like EB or Herpes Zoster could be involved. I haven't gone that route as 1) I'm doubtful 2) this guy doesn't take insurance, and the initial visit is $350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftyourhands7 View Post
Hi Janieg,
Yes I guess I could go to a big teaching hospital down here in San Diego! It's scripps medical center. I'm just so tired of not being able to find an answer. I know internists try to find answers that other Doctors cannot find, also I was hoping the guy I'm seeing tomorrow will do some investigation. So tired of living like this! I'm taking Liza Janes spread sheets with me tomorrow, maybe I can talk the Doctor into doing these tests.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote