Thread: the worst
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 12:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD72 View Post
Hi Bobby
I am new here as well. Almost 2 weeks post rib resection surgery with Dr.Donahue. I have been dealing with TOS for 2 years, I had seen 3 neurologists, 2 thoracic surgeons, rheumatologist and Dr.Donahue was the only doc to quickly diagnose compression through ct scan last June. It showed the compression of the arteries. I had PT and chiro for months and botox shots to no avail. I saw one PT that did massage/fascial manipulation and that did help short term but stiff posture or stretching would bring back the pain and nerves. I am optimistic the surgery will help. I have pretty good range of motion but a lot of numbness still in my arm and hand. He said it should subside in the next couple of months but nerves are slow to recover. He found a lot of scar tissue that pt/botox would not have helped with. Dr.Donahue is very attentive and gives you all of the time for a thorough exam (well over an hour for initial exam). He offers all options and does not jump into surgery hastily. It did take some time to see him and a couple of months for the surgery. I am highly impressed with him and his team.
I do sympathize with you . I am a hands on technician and it is hard not being able to do all that you used to do. If you find relief with the message grasp onto that as Daesin eluded to any relief is appreciated greatly. I hope any of this helps. I am really relieved to have found this forum to realize there are alot of others that are going through the same issues.
Hi SD72,
I noticed that you mentioned you had a CT that showed compression of your arteries. What kind of CT did they do? Did they scan you with your arms above your head and at your side?
Hope526 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote