View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 09:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This is not really OTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i am of course skeptical about anyone who claims an otc supplement can slow progression, anyone can say that. let us know what his fees are.
What we are looking at/for is not OTC. The amount of thiamine we are looking at taking would be almost impossible to take via pills, it would be the equivalent of something like tens of thousands of milligrams with all of that filler and capsules to have to contend with on top of the chore of swallowing everything.....several times a day, no less.

Add to this the fact that around 70% of PWP don't have the same (or any- Fox Foundation's study abstract wasn't clear to me on this) of the Prevatella bacteria in their gut which relate to thiamine, and I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say that perhaps taking oral thiamine might not be as beneficial (if at all) as taking it another way where it can bypass the compromised guts in the large majority of PWP.

Plus, I am not aware that we can get injectable thiamin in the US without a script

I know you mean well, ST, and appreciate your skepticism
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (02-25-2015), Bogusia (02-25-2015), lab rat (02-25-2015), sim00 (02-25-2015)