View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi yankee,

You are welcome

It is important that the infection be cured and not just subside. So if you develop any signs that you still have a problem, please visit your dentist.

It is best to avoid eating on the surgical site for as long as there is an opening in the gum tissue to avoid food impaction.

The gum tissue will close over completely in a few weeks or so. That time frame is different for everyone... some shorter, some longer. The actual healing that occurs underneath the gum tissue takes about one year to heal completely.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee232 View Post
Bryanna

Thanks so much for all your replies. It's very helpful. I am hoping the infection is finally gone, or subsided. I am finished with the antibiotic and i feel a lot better.

Do you know when I should start chewing over there again? It's still a little sore and biting down on that side seems really odd now. The extraction site seems to be healing well, and getting smaller.

Thank you

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote