View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 07:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default compounding cream

[Everyone is different first of all.
I use ketamine 15% LAM and its better than any oral medicine for scarred nerve and CRPS in the arm area. I used vit D 50,000 iu to low back before and after lumbar disc surgery and it was better than any oral pain medicine.
Tried a mixture of meds that had amitriptyline, ketamine 8% , balcofen and NSAID and it did nothing. So good luck. The oral medicines don't really help the bad pain in the radial nerve when it gets horrible only the compounded ones do.

QUOTE=dac122;983445]All,

I just read on the TEA site about Dr. Mark Davis, Mayo Clinic compounding a topical amitriptyline and ketamine cream; which lead me to a Google search; which lead me to searching here.

Wow! It looks like all sorts of combinations are being tried with some common themes to fight pain, burning/vascular response, etc.

So I am very interested in trying this. My doctor has never recommended this so I am betting she just needs a starting point and recommendation. She seems willing to try things.

Anyway, I am fortunate that both Gralise 1200mg/day (extended Gabapentin) and 5% Lidoderm patches. Would compounding these together be a good place to start? A better question is how much?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
when2be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote