View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Idiopathic.....really?

Hi everyone,
So my full body SFN is getting progressively worse....I'm in so much more pain now, I can barely feel the top of my right hand and am beginning to drop things:-(. My stomach is in terrible shape. My neurologist told me to come back in 3 months....really are you kidding me, I walked out of that office last week and am never going back. I went to see my Primary care Doctor today, I had Liza Janes spread sheets in hand, I told him that he needed to do the tests on this spread sheet, he said he had never heard of some of them, like the Anti-Hu, Ro, and Ri, I said well you better find out what they are because I'm getting them done TODAY,and anything else you think I need to have on this list, I also told him I needed a referral to another neurologist because I would not be going back to someone who told me to come back in 3 months, even though I went to him in the first place because my symptoms and pain are worse ( really...are you kidding me!) I also told my Doc that that my stomach is really bad, Nauseaous, and painful, so he quickly gave me a requisition for a gastric emptying study...I just told him, you need to help me and I'm not taking being put off anymore, if you can't help me then I'm moving on until I find someone who will! He spent an entire 45 minutes with me today. I'm telling you I used to be mild mannered when I went to the Doctor...that was not the case today! I'm almost 60 years old and I'm falling apart, and they need to try and find out why. They took a ton of blood today, and sure enough found out what the paraneoplastic blood tests were and I had those done as well as others on Liza Janes spead sheets. I'm through fooling around, I need to find out why I'm so ill and not getting any relief. Thank you all for your help on this forum...you have been a tremendous help to me.... On one last note, my Doctor said, look if we absolutely cannot find a cause maybe we should think about sending you to the Mayo Clinic! Lol! I think I finally have someone's attention. Thank you Lord! Blessings to all of you! Jan
Liftyourhands7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (02-26-2015), Enna70 (02-26-2015), madisongrrl (02-25-2015), mrsD (02-26-2015)