View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 10:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default TBI and PCS again...

Hello everyone. My name is DeVon and I suffered my 2nd TBI on January 19th in an auto accident. I was not wearing my seatbelt and what a painful lesson that was.

My first TBI was in November of 2012, due to a fall when I lost consciousness from dehydration. My head hit a free-standing wall sink when I fell.

To be honest, this time around has been harder and I feel lost. I was transported by ambulance and had a CT scan of the head/neck which apparently showed nothing of concern.

I followed up with my primary care provider and then made an appointment with my psychiatric provider a couple of weeks after the accident to keep him in the loop. (I have been treated for major depressive disorder/generalized anxiety disorder for a long time.)

Normally I'm a very laid back person. I seem to get frustrated, anxious, angry very easy. It's like I go from 0-100 mph with those emotions in an instant. It scares me.

The other thing that I really struggle with is the need to sleep a lot. It's like I can do maybe 30 minutes of activity (running errands, housework, etc) and then this overwhelming need to kick back in the recliner and nap takes over.

I am unable to work the little job I had, 6 1/2 hours a week helping two elderly ladies. I am on permanent disability and that job helped me feel good about myself.

I am scheduled to see a neuropsychologist in April for further evaluation, but I just feel lost right now.

Thanks for listening.
ZooCrewGal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote