View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Why not start a local support group? I was also looking for local support.

My situation is somewhat different because I live in the UK but I found that the support that is offered by charities tends to concentrate, quite understandably, on those who have brain injuries which give them problems with mobility, speech or independence, rather than mTBI which at first glance is not as noticeable to the casual observer. The charities suggested that I should start up such a group and apparently there would be sufficient interest in my local area. I did not do so in the end because I thought that it would be too draining on my very limited energy supply.

However, if your condition is such that you have sufficient energy to do it, I bet that there are sufficient numbers in your locality to start a support group.

Good luck. CS
2007 rear end collision at high speed on the motorway; PCS - main problems are pain in the head and fatigue; tried pregabalin,amitriptyline and HBOT possibly with some slight success; also tried LENS neurotherapy, acupuncture, sacro-cranial therapy, topiramate and manipulative physiotherapy, all with little or no success. Over the years all symptoms have become milder but have not disappeared.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lawyer1732 (02-27-2015)