View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 07:33 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post
This is an interesting point and makes me feel a bit more normal for the struggle I am presently having with weaning myself off Cymbalta. I have awful headaches which affect my face and jaw, upper abdominal pain with nausea and intense nerve pain in my legs - dizziness and a panic sensation each time I drop the quantity of this drug a little. It is some kind of hell and I would really advise anyone to factor it in to their decision making before trying Cymbalta. I am very sensitive to medications in general so not everyone will experience this of course but I thought I should really flag it up because my GP certainly didn't
The fact that Cymbalta & some of the newer drugs are tough to get off of, has had me wondering. According to WebMD, the patient satisfaction of Cymbalta over Nortriptylene is only slightly higher. In my eyes, Cymbalta, Effexor and Lyrica would seem to be a last ditch effort for pain relief. And yes, the doctors don't advise you about this. I gamble with the Tramadol, as some can take it for years and still get pain relief on the lower doses. Being 65 years old, I don't seriously (Ha Ha) worry so much about out-living the pain relief/dependency factor.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote