View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default so they think its seizures...

...but the one eeg I had (20 minutes) in july or june says no abnormal activity.

Im on dilantin right now and was on klonopin I think it was a few weeks ago. I have a few things that happen.

For example at the doctors last week I was mid sentence he said and I just stopped and stared and my face kind of drooped with my mouth wide open for about 15-20 seconds. I recovered and was a bit confused, even though im usually semi aware of whats going on. We continued to talk and he said same thing happened incept for this time I was repeating the word WAS over and over again with my arm in the air rubbing my index and thumb together.

I always have these "staring" spells since my head injury in january 2014. I usually just stare off into place or stop what im doing and stare, sometimes mid stride. Usually im self aware of my surroundings and whats going on, but not always. If my wife is around she can usually get me out of it by squeezing me or moving a limb around. She says most last like 30 seconds or so.

Ive had 3 where I flop around like a fish and bite my cheek or tongue. Very rare.

I also usually get flashing lights, smell like blood, or see shadows. But they also coincide with the migraines I get, so im not sure if its a seizure warning or a migraine warning.

Ive been told I also will pick at my cheek and then abruptly get really angry for a few seconds, I totally black out with these and have no clue they happen.

I also will get those electric shock jerks throughout the day and my whole body jolts and then im fine.

These dont happen every day thank goodness. The zone outs seem to happen a few times a week and the electric jolt ones every few days. The pick at cheek and anger ones happen around the same but usually need to be told of them.

Confused and trying to piece stuff together. Not even sure what type of seizures im experiencing, just that the dr now definitely thinks I am after witnessing that. I go to new neuro next week.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote