View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna70 View Post
Hey, I don't know if my two cents will help you or not; but it's worth putting on the shelf, maybe...I have jaw issues and was put on Cymbalta. I had a bad allergic reaction...my throat and tongue swelled. I stopped taking it thus I don't have advice for long term effects or withdrawal effects...I can say that if you feel that you are being pushed into continue usage, continue to stand up for yourself...if many of us here didn't stand up for ourselves, medical field wouldn't keep looking into other areas for help...
Thanks so much. I have had bad allergic reactions to three drugs to date and many severe intolerences to others. This is why my GP is clutching at Cymbalta now because he says we are running out of options. I agree that acceptance of drugs often leads to complacency from the medical profession. Luckily I have another GP who only works part time but she completely understands how I feel about taking powerful drugs and never knowing whether my symptoms are from the drugs or the problems that the drugs are aiming to treat.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote