View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 03:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up All the Neurapathy symptoms plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor1 View Post
Thank you, fellas, for your words of wisdom. It is very encouraging to see other people care. I would like to ask you, zkrp01 , if you also experience sensations like tingling, burning, pins and needles as well as slight loss of sensation on the skin? I take your problems didn't go upwards. You haven't lost any muscle mass above your waist, have you? Do you take any meds? Are your muscles tense and in constant spasm? thanks once again!
Yes to the burning zapping, pins and loss of sensation from the knees getting more pronounced approaching the toes. The muscle loss above the waist is limited to the soaz. (phoenetic spelling). The muscle that lifts the knee. My Endo RXd me Foltanks, methylated b-12 plus folic acid. I took everything that was not contraindicated as I was in quite a panic. Mrs. D was a lifeline to me and I took the shotgun approach. I still take fish oil because I work on a gyro bike almost daily and now am able to stand up and pedal 40 strokes. Once upon a time I would have fallen off. As far as spasms, I could not tell pain from spasm. They (muscles) would not harden up or try to work involuntarily but I would lie and rub deeply for the pain. Mt knees will stiffen and ankles and hips thus the gyro bike to keep the juices flowing, haha,sob. You might search Piriformis Syndrome, also Amyotrophy. The latter has an acute phase. I experienced some relief by performing Pifirormis stretches and these are close kin to stretches designed to release soaz. My b-12 number was at 114 when accident happened and b-12 deficiency can have wide array of effects. 400 is the low acceptable these days. Hoping for your betterment, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote