View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bruin,
Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry to hear that you are having seizures. I've had epilepsy for 43 yrs. and had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my sz. (seizures).
What you are describing sounds like you are having a simple partial (aura) sz. that is leading into a complex partial or absence sz. I have all of these sz. and just like you before my sz. started I got wicked migraines and that is what led to my sz.
A simple partial sz. is when a person sees colors in their eyes and smell odd odors sometime the person will also get a nervous feeling in their stomach.
A complex partial sz. is when more than one area of the brains neurons a firing up causing the sz. and the person will start out with a daydream look and then sometimes jerk around and often wander around along with smacking their lips or pulling at their clothing.
A absence sz. is one that last only a few seconds and the person just has a daydream look on their face and they don't remember anything that happened after the sz. they will be confused and tired along with having a headache at times.
Often I have simple partial sz. that lead into both the complex partial or absence sz. I have found that the moment I start to see the colors in my eyes to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists for a few seconds and it will stop the sz.
Keep track of all your sz. by writing down what time they happened on a calendar with the type of sz. you had by doing this your neuro may see a pattern as to what time of day or night you have any sz. or what days of the month.
Also I would start seeing an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center I have seen many neuro. over the yrs. but I have found an Epileptologist is far ahead in better treatment of epilepsy and I take fewer meds.
Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and cut back on the starch and carb foods and stay away from anything with nutra sweet all of these can trigger more sz. for many people.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (02-27-2015)