View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Lawyer,

Hang in there! This is the toughest thing I have ever faced in my life bar none!

Things are turning around after 10.5 months.

My advice on the home front is sometimes you have to make yourself smile and sit with your wife when you don't feel like it....maybe quietly or watch the movie with earplugs. I sort of looked at it like a chore at work I didn't want to do yet had to, I wouldn't walk away from that so I figured ways to engage her. I would have to get up and go to the bedroom for a few minutes during a movie or basketball game on tv to get some quiet and recenter myself. It was real difficult for several months to sit still due to anxiety but I would go over to my wife's chair and rub her hair or something for a couple of minutes to let her know I was engaged as best as I could.

Not trying to tell you what to do...just to let you know that I found ways to be creative within the boundaries I needed and to stretch the boundaries I thought I could in order to communicate in some fashion with my wife.

I am at 11.5 months now and doing better. I can still be fragile about noise, still can't run and anxiety does rise very easily but t is settling down enough to enjoy sitting still again at times and be back to work. I am still somewhat limited as I can lose it pretty easily but I just have to stop and settle down before proceeding and I am able to proceed usually.

It took me awhile to get to the point where I realized I could relearn how to go about life and that I needed to, but I have no doubt you will figure ways to make things work. I have also found I am flat out having to relearn some things or not be embarrassed to ask my mechanic what you call a part that I have been around for most of my life.

I have found God to be a really big help with ideas and courage.

You can do this...it does seem weird at times that what was natural now needs to be looked at creatively much like a problem at work but you can!

Good luck and Godspeed, Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lawyer1732 (02-27-2015)