View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 08:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Update

So, I met with the neurologist yesterday, and as many people tell about on here, he wasn't that helpful. He did a standard physical exam and told me I was suffering from PCS and that it would take about 3 months to recover if I rested. He did recommend that I withdraw from my classes in order to let my brain heal. He prescribed me amitriptyline and that was that.

This evening, I spoke to an executive at the Student Health Services at my university about a medical withdrawal for this semester. At first, I was just trying to weigh my options, but as we spoke, it seemed clearer and clearer that the right decision is to cut my losses and move on. This gentleman, who is also a MD, seemed like an all around good guy and provided me with a lot of useful information. Also, he actually seemed like he gave a crap about me and my situation (unlike all of the other physicians I have seen).

Basically, the choice I have to make is to either:

A) Continue pushing through the symptoms and hope that they get better enough so that I can finish the semester with decent grades.

B) Withdraw from this semester and allow my brain to heal and try again in the Fall. This would mean taking "W" grades for three classes which have no effect on GPA but still would remain on my transcript permanently. Also, I would lose half of my tuition that I paid, along with financial aid being affected.

Any opinions? The choice for me seems to be clear at this point. I am really glad to have spoken to this guy. Dr. Charles is the man!
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-26-2015)