View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 01:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Doris,

I am so sorry to read your post and all you are going through! I am blessed with a wife who--while struggling--tries so hard to understand and be supportive. You need your husband and he needs you but neither of you are in the position to be caretakers right now. I'm so sorry and if it is alright will keep you and your husband in my prayers . . .

I would also like to second Mark's advice regarding your lawyer. I haven't read the sources Mark posted but am sure they are informative. Overall, though, you must understand that like doctors, there are very, very few lawyers who truly understand mTBI and PCS. I didn't, had absolutely no clue before my own injury.

Lawyers like broken bones, cuts, bruises, herniated discs, surgeries. Those things are easy to understand and easy to present to a jury. Many times when a lawyer tells you it can't be done, it only means "I don't know how to do it."

Now I'm not saying you have anything but a great lawyer. But be persistent, don't worry about stepping on toes. Lawyers have huge egos but if you find useful info and can present it to him in the right way, I'm sure he'll look at it.

Keep in mind, defense lawyers know about as much on this as plaintiffs' lawyers do. So if your lawyer is willing to educate himself then he might be able to run rings around the other side. That is kind of why I'm thinking if I can get better, I would like to specialize in helping mTBI patients...

Just don't give up, don't back down.
Lawyer1732 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote