View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 12:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Body-wide muscle twitching

Hello:

About three weeks ago, I started having repeated muscle twitching in my right arm. It took a couple days to go away, but just a day later, I started noticing random muscle twitches throughout my body, but especially in the calves and feet.

A week later, the arm started it's hard twitching again and lasted for another two days. I began losing sleep over this and was concerned, so I went to my PCP. He took blood tests to rule out low magnesium, sodium and potassium. All those were normal. He referred me to a neurologist.

The neurologist performed a physical exam, but everything was normal. He then ordered an EMG on both my left and right side. Despite the muscle twitching, the left side came up normal, but the right side showed what he thought were "higher amplitudes" in a few arm muscles that he suspected were from an old cervical spine injury. He did not find any evidence of lower motor neuron disease.

I'm sort of at a loss for what has caused this sudden onset of muscle twitching when I have no prior history of it. I don't drink a lot of caffeine; and certainly have never had any reactions to it in this manner. I stopped drinking my morning coffee a month ago, but the symptoms remain.

I'm starting to worry that I have some sort of auto-immune disease or have been infected with something. I had accidentally stuck myself with an 18-guage needle I'd just used on my cat for subcutaneous fluids. Beyond that, I have nothing that ties to the timeline.

Any recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated.
aaront is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-27-2015)