View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Can concussions really do this much damage?

I am 27 and about 6 weeks ago was involved in a fluke accident at a bar where I was in the wrong place and wrong time, meaning some moron threw a beer mug across the room and it broke on my head. Besides a small cut in my forehead and feeling dazed I felt fine, if not worn out. The next week I was vomiting and had horrible headaches along with a lot of dizziness which kept me from being able to walk normally.

I have had a CAT Scan and an MRI, neither of which seem to show anything. I have a lot of trouble with lights, pain in my ear that comes and goes, and headaches that last forever. Somedays, I don't have a lot of these signs but I am always exhausted. The most frustrating thing is that my symptoms change from the nausea, headache, diziness, neck pain, ear pain and so on. Also it seems like I have a very low threshold on my emotions any time I feel any kind of stress. I am not depressed but I will feel low, or suddenly sad or suddenly irate over nothing at all. I tend to be a phobic in open places and have irrational thoughts about what dangers could be around.

My Dr's have said that this will take time to heal and have given me come anti anziety medicines to help. I am going to the neurologist this week and hope that he can shed some light on this whole situation. At times I feel like I am actually going crazy from the overly emotional feelings to the physical symptoms that seem to pop up all the time. Though my Dr. assures me this is not due to me going crazy, it sure feels like it sometimes. It is hard for my bf to understand my sudden changes and the fact that I get phobic at times with no warning. Sometimes just being touched makes it all so much worse.

Don't get me wrong, I have some days that are better than others. Some days I almost feel "normal" again. My concern is that I can not do a lot of daily things like grocery shoppping or driving without getting serious headaches, nausea, dizziness and ear pain.

I guess I am just looking to see if everyone else had similar types of symptoms, how they dealt with them and any other suggestions that might help me out. I keep being told that it just takes time, but sometimes I wonder if they really even know. I just want to find some more ways to get my life back to normal so I can work and do the things I normally do!
concussiongirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote