Old 02-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
Y'all are so amazing!

LL ~ I love the Russell comparison!! While I don't know him as well as many here, what I have heard (read), I feel honored to have my stubbornness be compared to his.
I am trying to work on both things simultaneously and it's losing something in the translation here. I did discover a few things in my endeavor...I need a more powerful snow blower (I'm thinking a snow thrower is my best option; while I can accomplish clearing the driveway after a light snowfall, I am most definitely feeling it and realize I will not be able to handle the typical northern Il snowfall; I have a neighbor that I may enlist to assist me next season.
As you know from our PM's, I am trying to work on the caregiver aspect of my situation. I think getting the house to a 'functional' level is everyone's priority and those minor annoyances like snowfall are overlooked. I have learned many lessons with this!

Dawn~ I get the same scenarios here!! In fact, my oldest daughter told me that my youngest (who is living with me and providing whatever assistance she decides) told her I can "do things when she (I) wants to". Clearly...WRONG. I do things when I can and often pay the price for it afterwards! I am still trying to figure out how to handle the naysayers myself. (If you get anywhere and have any tips, I'm all ears!!!)

Russell~ You are beautiful. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I am working on the whole 'letting go" thing. (I do have all the words memorized to that song )
It DOES send mixed messages when you are able to perform activities that are more strenuous than need help with basic daily activities. Anyone dealing with WC, LTD, or SS will tell you that for a claim of disability to be treated seriously, there will be an expectation that you are incapable of performing strenuous activity.

Why not hire a local kid or service to do the job instead of investing in new machinery? Or ask your daughter if she's going to continue living with you?

My son is in Michigan on an internship and his landlord pays to keep his walkway clear. Considering his rent--I can't imagine the service is even remotely expensive.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote