View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 05:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
But yeah-- I get where they're coming from, especially if they've never had an illness that couldn't be explained. Everyone I know eventually says the same thing. Surely it's good that you don't have a life-threatening illness.
This is something that is far too easily accepted. It may not be live-threatening... directly but without a diagnosis, and therefore without treatment, the following will happen to me, and many others will follow a similar route.

No Mestinon, then no energy, unable to work or interact with other people. Stuck in a single room. Will put on weight, if I eat.... no exercise. Will waste away if I don't eat. Will get depressed, whichever way it goes.

Inactivity, depression, probable obesity, will then lead to atrophy of muscles etc. 2 years down the line, I will be suicidal, totally lacking in self esteem, unable to argue or disagree when they finally decide to treat me for something else.

I think you get the picture. Not life-threatening? Oh yes it is! Just out of sight of the professionals who should be helping.
juliejayne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
southblues (02-28-2015)