Thread: PCS Please Help
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy_teacher View Post
Mail_man,

I know exactly how you feel with people not really understanding what you're going through. I've often felt I'd have preferred to have a broken leg or arm after my car accident in November because at least then everyone would be able to see my injury and not look at me strangely in the supermarket when I bend down to pick up my credit card I've dropped and almost topple over. They honestly look at me like I'm drunk in the middle of the day.

I have heard from other sources that exercise helps recovery in pcs patients. However, when I try I get migraines for days afterwards. All I can do is go for walks. Do your symptoms get worse when you do the exercise?
If I work out too much and over exert myself, I end up feeling very foggy the next day (from being too tired). However, if I work out for an hour, and get alot of rest I tend to feel better after working out. For me, it seems that getting enough rest and not over exerting myself is key. Good luck with everything! I'm sure your recovery isn't too far away.
Mail__man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote